Clinics & Services
In addition to GP consultations the practice adheres to the General Medical Services Contract for the provision of healthcare services:
Chronic Disease Management
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Coronary heart disease
Access to these clinics is by invitation usually, but please do ask if you think that you could benefit.
- Alcohol & substance misuse
- Cervical smears
- Childhood immunisations - in conjunction with the Health Visitors and Practice Nurses. Well Baby clinics are held at The Child and Family Centre.
- Contraceptive Services - inconjunction with the Fletcher Clinic and Riverbank Medical Centre.
- Counselling - via a GP referral.
- Dementia care - patients and carers.
- Hearing loss - Hidden Hearing, a commercial organisation, provide a free, no obligation, self referral clinic at the surgery once a month.
- Maternity services
- Minor injuries - during regular opening hours, the Practice Nurses can help you with injuries such as burns and cuts. Please note, however, that we do not have facilities for suturing (stitches) or X-rays. If you think that your injury may require either of these, please attend your nearest hospital Accident and Emergency department.
- Minor surgery
- Phlebotomy (Taking blood tests) - clinics are held in the mornings only. If you need a blood test please book as early as possible.
- Smoking cessation
- Speech therapy
- Vaccinations and immunisations - including flu, pneumococcal and travel.